.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Peter Schmitt Watch

Keeping tabs on Nassau County Legislator Peter J. Schmitt. The truth is here.

Friday, November 21, 2003

Thanks from Schmitts opponent

I would like to thank the voters of the 12th Legislative District for going to the polls Nov. 4. While I did not win the election, I did win many new friends on the campaign trail and enjoyed speaking with so many people.

As a first-time candidate, each experience during the campaign was a new one. I am proud of all the volunteers who came out to help me and I am eternally grateful for the confidence they had in me. At the end of the campaign, I was a winner even though I lost the election. My wife Jean gave birth to twins; a son and a daughter on Oct. 30. I was unable to attend some events and had to leave early a few times for others, and I am grateful for the understanding when I disappeared from the campaign towards the end.

I have met so many people in the Massapequas in the past few months and have heard their concerns and ideas and I pledge I will not give up trying to make Nassau County and the Massapequas better. To quote John Wesley, "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."

John Rennhack

N. Massapequa
http://www.antonnews.com/massapequanobserver/2003/11/21/opinion/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home